Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Summer Shred #14 - Looks TOUGH!

Zuzka definitely made a tough workout here. This is what she has to say about it:

This workout was so brutal that by the time I finished, I looked like the Joker from Batman. I wish I could workout without my make up on, but unfortunately it’s part of my job to look descent in front of the camera…at least for the intro and the beginning of the workout. It would be nice to not have to worry about that for once but I’m not here to complain. I have actually nothing to complain about… I love what I do, and some smudged mascara on my sweaty face can’t ever spoil that for me. You guys can enjoy this workout in the privacy of your home and that’s what matters. I want you to enjoy your training and have fun and not worry about anything.
The only thing you have to worry about is completing this workout, and make sure you’re really challenging yourself. I used my Beast kettlebell – 44lbs for the first 3 exercises in the Butt & Legs Circuit. It was hard! I was only thinking about those of you who don’t have a heavy weight like this, and if it’s going to be challenging enough.  Let’s make a deal. If you find  yourself being a lot faster than me in the first circuit, I want you to keep going and complete more reps for each exercise so that you don’t move to the next one until I’m done. So if you have completed all 20 reps of the Squat to heel elevated reverse squat and I’m still counting, I want you to keep going and complete as many reps as you can do while I finish my set of 20. This si quite important. It has to be intense!!  Twenty reps with your medium size kettlebell may not  be challenging for you, so you’ll have to pick up the pace and increase the amount of reps.
The Swiss ball roll to pike press / extreme mountain climbers in the AB circuit is really advanced exercise so remember you can always do just a regular legs elevated push up and one leg elevated knee tucks. If you don’t have the exercise ball or if the exercise is still too challenging, you can do just a regular push up to plank knee tucks.
Instead of Hanging Leg raises you can do V- sit ups (start on your back and lift your legs and upper body off the ground at the same time to end up in a V-sit) and complete 10 reps as fast as you can.
Instead of Double unders, you can do jump squat or if you do use jump rope, you can do high jumps.
P.S. I really suggest you to get all the equipment for home because it’s an investment that you will never regret. ZGYM membership is only $120 a year. Regular gym membership is $50 a month x 12. You are saving $480 a year. The equipment will last you for years and years to come and you’ll be always in charge of your fitness.

Workout Breakdown
Butt & Legs Circuit – Time Challenge (UGH the damn heel raises)
1. KB Squat to heel elevated reverse squat x 20
2. KB Swing to KB Pendulum x 20 swings total
3.  KB Sumo squat heel raise knee up x 20 alt.
4. KB Backward lunge pass under alt. legs / to KB Front Squat (x2) x 5 sets
____________
1 round

Hiit Cardio – 10/30 sec intervals 
1. Jump Rope High Knees
2. Twist Squat Burpees
3. Jump Rope DBUs
4. Jump squat / jump tuck Burpees
5. Jump Rope High Knees
6. Jump Jack (x2)  to Plank Jack (x2)

Circuit for ABS – Time Challenge
1. Swiss ball roll to pike press / extreme mountain climbers (x3) x 4 sets alt.
2. Hanging Leg raises (to the top) x 5
3. KB Squat knee up and twist x 20
4.  KB Sumo heel lift alternating squats (this is listed, but she doesn't do these)
________
2 rounds

She does get quite sweaty. She is dying during this workout too which is nice to see! I like it. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment