Friday, March 21, 2014

One of the Hardest Workouts EVER!

I tried this AWESOME workout. It's a killer. Give it a go!

It's a ladder workout. Start with 15 reps of each, go to 14, 13, all the way down to 1.

Jump Squats
Kettlebell swings (Inexpensive KB's can be ordered here)
Push ups
Inverted rows (You can use the broomstick between 2 chairs if you do not have equipment for this)

So do 15 jump squats, 15 Swings, 15 Push ups, 15 Rows, then repeat doing 14, then 13, and so on. The push ups were a freaking killer for me! UGH.



I have an imitation TRX trainer at home, but I want a pull up bar as well. There are many ones on the market, and some are super expensive and some seem to be of poor quality. If anyone can recommend one for home use that's not over $100, let me know.
I found these on Amazon and might get one that has a rating of 4 stars or more. I just need to measure my doorway to make sure it fits.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pull%20up%20bar

3 comments:

  1. I will give this a go tomorrow -- it's nice to take a break from interval timers and use the stopwatch :) Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lbs of weight did you use? How long did it take? I may try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used a 20kg (44lb) Kettlebell for the swings. Between the warm up, the interruptions from the kids and the cool down it took me an hour. I need to do it again and time just the workout to see how long it would actually take. So it's hard for me to say, but I can say my kiddos interruptions were welcomed! LOL.

    ReplyDelete