Tuesday, June 4, 2013

There is so much going on!

So, Zuzka has another series of DVD's out - Strength series. Her last series was a cardio one, and I guess this one focuses more on using weights.
She also has hew new ZGym coming out June 10th, which is $9.99 a month. This is not expensive, but I am so very disappointed. Her whole premise - for years now - has been offering home workouts for free. Many of us can join a gym for $10 a month.
I'm also surprised. This give bodyrock.tv an advantage, and may have many of her followers turn back to bodyrock. Again, $10 a month is not a lot, but it's the principal of the matter.
I'm curious to know if she'll make anymore money this way. She makes a killing off of her youtube videos, and since there will be no new videos uploaded anymore, we can rely on the old ones only. I think these will get less and less views, and people will be turned off by her monthly charge and will go elsewhere. I could be so wrong, so lets wait and see.
I also wonder if she comes out with another DVD series if as many people will buy it if they are already paying a monthly fee for her.
I really wonder why she decided to go this route, especially when bodyrock.tv is still free. Perhaps they make more money off of affiliate sales of equipment that we realize. Perhaps that is the piece she is missing and does not want to go back to selling equipment.

Bodyrock.tv has Teshia up there again, and she is so fantastic to look at! Just get rid of that hair in her face. They have shown a couple of pics of Lisa with her new hair - more like a teaser and I am sure that is on purpose. I think it might be cute, but the fake blow fish lips does not do her any favors.

Sean wrote a blog entry about relationships, and Lisa has some diet challenges up there. There are some pretty fantastic pics of the new girl - Sean's other half - sorry, I cannot seem to remember her name. Lisa also has some pics of her daily life - which I do not get at all. Pics of her manicure? WHY?

I wonder what Freddy thinks about all of this. I'm sure he checks out Zuzka's web-site! And I'm sure she follows bodyrock too.

3 comments:

  1. I am okay with paying $10. The only thing that annoys me is when she calls her workouts by different names, promising it's something new, when really it's the same type of stuff. IE: Zcut is just like her Zwows. I am happy to buy more Zwows, but just call it what it is. I ordered the Power Strength. This may be a bit different than her usual as she tends to do mainly bodyweight and this looks like more weight is involved. I am not sure how Zshred will differ from her Zcut, Zwow and Zpower and strength.
    And I am tired of all the "z" being added to everything. I sounds cheap and reminds me of McDonalds-- everything is Mc!
    Anyways, I love her still and am excited for June 10, despite my rant :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's kind of like The Daily HIIT - they have hiitcore, hittass, hiitlean, hiitcombat, hiitreps, hiitmax, hiitweekend, hiitlite, the hiit, and goodness knows what else. it's all a marketing strategy and it works because people remember it.

      I told myself that I'm going to do all of her Zwod's or Zwow's before I join Zgym - by that time, my gym membership will have ended.

      I've also found some insanely great videos on FitnessBlender so I may not have to bother for some time. :)

      Delete
  2. I have never paid attention to what each of The Daily HITT's workouts are like/how they differ, but I am sure you are right. Makes sense.

    I find it amusing how they put up a post for their newest workout and put that it's 'free' in bold letters. I know it's free, but they earn money beyond youtube through their equipment. Granted, many people are creative and come up with substitutes for the equipment...but, really, they are earning money other than youtube (so no need to be catty about Zuzana's monthly fee). That being said, I still think buying a few pieces of equpment for home could in the long run be more cost effective than a gym membership. I do all my zwows at my gym anyways though because it gets me outta the house.

    ReplyDelete