Monday, February 23, 2015

Zuzka's Latest Workout and Workout Schedule, Her Challenge, and Doubling Up on Workouts!

Zuzka posted her latest schedule and she has 4 new workouts again this week! Body Crush, Kettlebell All Levels, 6:02, and JRC are all new this week.


SCHEDULE:
Bodycrush is new today and I like it. I am going to do this one today as a cash out to my own workout. I did her other JRC yesterday as a cash out. Too many burpees, but these are a little different so I'd like to give it a try.

Zuzka also has a new challenge:

ATTENTION ALL OF YOU WARRIORZ. I’M STARTING A NEW FUN COMPETITION.
I’d like to see some before and after pictures of those of you who are following my workouts here in the ZGYM. You can send them to me at any time to zuzka@zuzkalight.com with an exact date of when you started and how long did it take you to see visible improvements. I’m looking only for those of you who workout just with me and who follow my nutrition advice. Make sure to include a little bit of personal story about yourself as well. If I post your before and after pictures on my blog, you’ll get some nice prizes from me that may include some fitness, health, or beauty products and I will also give you 3 months of Zgym membership for free. I think it’s nice to have some extra motivation :) Good Luck!
Any of you gonna enter? :) 
Zuzka also says she is offering TWO workouts a day this week for those who want an extra challenge. 
Here is what she has to say about that: 
 Based on your request, I’m posting suggested second workout for each day. This doesn’t mean that I do 2 workouts a day or think that you should. It’s just an option and it’s up to you whether you want to play hard. If you’re serious about getting into shape, make sure you do workout with me daily, and if you want to see super fast results, then 2 workouts a day are prescribed. Please note we made a compromise that the second workouts will be listed only here in the blog post, not on the side bars as it’s not a part of the regular suggested workout schedule.
I want you to be careful tho, because it’s easy to over do it and become exhausted on your quest to perfect body. Let’s face it, nobody works out twice a day just to be healthy and feel good. One of my workouts a day is good enough to improve your health and fitness and give you great energy. You must be really motivated by wanting to change the way you look or to compete in some type of sport if you’re willing to torture yourself twice a day. I don’t see anything wrong with that, but caution should be taken to ensure that you’re not regressing by draining your energy too much.
That said, let me give you a few tips:
1. Don’t do 2 high intensity workouts back to back. It’s going to be way more effective if you do each of them with fresh energy, so take at least a few hours in between them. If you’re fresh and strong for each workout, you’ll be able to push yourself harder and thus burn more calories and contract your muscles better. The only exception is Power Yoga. You can do PoYo after any workout since it’s an aerobic based routine focused mainly on stretching and core work.
2. Support your training with proper diet. Read through my Nutrition Guide to get the idea.
3. Track your progress. Always write down your score for every workout. If you see that you’re not beating your personal bests for routines you’ve done in the past, the chances are you’re overtraining yourself instead of getting stronger. If you’re getting fitter, stronger, and faster, it’s going to reflect on your body so keeping track of your times and reps is really important. You should also take measurements with a tape measure, and before and after pictures. Weighing yourself won’t tell you much unless you can track your body fat % which is not easy to do accurately at home.
I couldn't be bothered to get sweaty and have to shower twice a day - but that's me! What do you guys think?

2 comments:

  1. Sold lol Im gonna renew my membership. Im really interested in the before and after pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still not entirely convinced that Z only does 1 of her workouts a day and that's it. And 2 would be madness??? Sheesh... I often do 2 as a cash out after a good weight workout!
    (CJ)

    ReplyDelete