Sunday, August 10, 2014

Exercise Challenge Day 1 and Zuzka's KB workout #10

OK, here it our first exercise challenge - remember to add this onto your regular workout routine today.

Squat Tabata Challenge:

4 minutes of work - 20 seconds 'on' followed by 10 seconds 'off' for a total of 4 minutes.
 
Perform bodyweight squats for 20 seconds, during the 10 second 'rest' hold in the bottom position of the squat, repeat for a total of 8 rounds = until the 4 minutes is up! Have fun!
 
Zuzka posted her next KB workout #10. This week is the last week of her KB series. I wonder if she has anything else coming up?
#10 was a pretty good routine in my opinion. Would love 3 rounds instead of 2, using heavier weight. BUT - a couple of things I noticed - when performing the clean, Zuzka lets the KB drop quite low between her legs. I was always taught to keep the KB ABOVE the knees when cleaning
(or swinging) to protect the low back and utilize more legs.
Secondly she combines the Figure 8-Squats w/ Bent Over Rows - I  don't like these 2 exercises together because they really need 2 different weights. The row needed double the weight to make it even worth doing.
But a very decent workout overall. Zuzka is fascinating to watch - I LOVE her arms. I would kill for those arms!
 
BR is selling their new equipment as a bundle for $299. Seriously? Is it just me, or does that seem like a lot. Their silly weighted vest (that I was originally so excited about) is only 6 lbs. One woman on FB commented - my purse weighs 6 lbs. LOL!
 
 
Sean mentioned that he used a 50 lb vest. Where is that one for sale?
 
I was able to get 300lbs of equipment for under $200 on craigslist. I also advertise MUCH cheaper alternatives on this blog.
 
I also love the use of home equipment - take gallon milk bottles and fill them with sand - will weigh about 18lbs each. Get sand from Home Depot for $3 for a 50 lb bag - fill trash bags, an old back pack, etc. A Broom stick between chairs for a pull up bar is another goodie to make at home.
 
In my opinion, the best home equipment you can buy is a Kettlebell(s), Jump Rope, Imitation TRX-type equipment and some kind of medicine ball.
 
If anyone has unique stuff they use from home, I'd love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment