Friday, August 29, 2014

Another 5 min Freebie from Zuzka, Cellulite Advice

I am loving these 5 min free workouts from Zuzka. LOVE them. What do you guys think? Put a bunch of them together for one terrific workout.
And I also just like the fact that she is offering free stuff.
I wonder what theme Zuzka will have for us next week? I doubt she would do another week of Guns and Pistols, because honestly, how many pistols can you do each workout? :)

I was reading something on a fitness forum today about cellulite that I thought I would share:

Here is what has worked for me.  Keep building more muscle and then lean out.   This means gaining weight, I know it sounds opposite of what one would think.  If you are pretty lean to begin with, it will be very hard to get rid of the cellulite as you will need to diet down to a very small version of yourself.   I have found that as I am developing more muscle, and the scale does goes up, which is kind of scary, the cellulite has gotten so much better.  Now I don't know if this would work if someone has quite a bit of fat to lose, but I am naturally 'skinny-fat'.   But for me, I went down the road of more dieting, more conditioning and it just did not work.  I would look smaller, but the cellulite just stayed there, sometimes even getting worse if I lost muscle while dieting down.   My focus now is on developing muscle, so eating slightly over maintenance and I like what I am seeing.  Just a tiny area of cellulite left.  Darn cellulite, be gone!!

Sometimes you can never totally get rid of cellulite, but you can reduce the appearance of it by growing more pretty muscles. Some women are more prone to cellulite than others. It may be a genetic predisposition. If that is your fate, you might have to learn to embrace it rather than feel it is a crutch for you.

I did a lot of research on cellulite and I wasn't impressed with any of the methods proposed to improve it such as special creams, anti-toxins, etc. All you can do is eat right, sleep right, train hard, get some sun, and get a good attitude about it. Every woman has cellulite, it's just that in their pics you can't tell due to lighting and photoshopping, etc.

Funny this comes up.  I was at the beach 2 weeks ago for a couple of days (Ocean City).  I found that the majority of women, regardless of age or size, all had cellulite.  I think I might have seen 2 or 3 women without it.  I was surprised to see it in all the young teen skinny girls.  I think a lot of it is genetics.

I found this topic and what people had to say super interesting - especially from the woman who dieted down, did more cardio, and it got WORSE.

I think I'll keep lifting heavy things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment