Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Zuzka's yoga arm balance challenge, Yogadownload's challenge starts today! AND bodyrock.tv's Motivation

Zuzka has posted her second arm balance challenge - side crow. Love this arm balance. I love all arm balances! I can't wait to see what the other 8 are. I bet #10 will be a handstand.


Yogadownload's 21 day bootcamp/detox challenge starts TODAY!
Only $10! Click on the link for more info. 

I was all set to video a yoga workout for you guys, and my camera freaking died! Figures. I'm going to try again later in the week. We'll see. 

Bodyrock.tv put up a motivation quote on their FB page today. I find it - well, strange. 

There is some nice advice in there, but I find it odd that they add - yes you can still color your hair, get boobs, tattoos, etc and still move towards self-acceptance. Really? Don't we do all that stuff to change ourselves because we don't like what we see? They added that in to forego the negative comments they are bound to get over Lisa's numerous surgeries. 
I color my hair. Never used to until I started going gray at age 30. I was perfectly fine with my dark hair - never flet the need to go blond, or highlight, but as soon as I went gray - NO thanks! Now I color every 3 weeks! I refuse to accept it right now. One day I will and let my hair go gray - but not yet. 
I'm not a fan of my boobs either, but with 2 kids, I've got more to worry about. I need the money for their college education funds first. If I get to be rich someday - then maybe.
I think Lisa needs to read that motivation quote and take some of her own advice. She doesn't seem to accept herself - AT ALL. Not her face, her hair, her skin, her boobs. 
And then on the same page BR posts this: 


Don't these 2 things seem to contradict one another? Accept who you are (even if you want surgery) and BMI doesn't define you, and if you want to look like this you gotta earn it and change what you look like. Huh? 
I do find that image very motivating - if it wasn't for my kids, I'd stick it on my fridge! But the various messages BR sends confuse me. 
Also, I wish they would use models that have natural breasts once in a while. Her breasts look GREAT - don't get me wrong. For someone who looks like her and you know she has had surgery, then it makes me wonder how much of the rest of her body was actually earned or bought. 
Anyways - the workouts are still quite good from Lisa and from Zuzka, and I suppose that's what it boils down to. If they keep delivering a good product, a lot of us will keep going back for more. 



3 comments:

  1. They're very contradictory at times. For saying that "it doesn't matter what your BMI is" or "such and such is only skin deep", their images say a lot differently. I think that they could have worded the bit about getting tattoos, changing your hair color, getting bigger breasts differently (it would have been effective with saying "a push up bra", to be honest; it just seems to justify something people are clearly talking about re: Lisa; at least they didn't say anything about a nose or lip job!).

    These days, I just filter out the 'glittery' portions of Bodyrock because it actually is very off putting and far from genuine. I'm just there for the workouts and am honestly glad that I can't comment on either Lisa's or their FB page anymore. :) Anyway, I wonder if they'll ever find a middle ground between getting their hits and truly speaking for their audience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, I feel like the issue isn't really the boobs so much as in how they are displayed. I have implants, but I don't have shirts so low that my nipples will pop out lol. I don't think there is anything wrong with cleavage. I think Zuzana these days does it in a way I am comfortable with. I just hate it when BR has nipples showing through fabric etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how Zuzana doesn't try to hide the fact that she has implants. Not that Lisa does either ! But the way BR portrays boobs is awful. Zuzana is better since she left BR about showing off her body in general. It's not as in your face and inappropriate. It's really the bad taste and double talk that makes me nuts!

      Delete