Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Who is your favorite bodyrock.tv host? Lisa, Sean or Melissa? Zuzka's arm balance challenge continues, anti-cellulite tips and supplements!

Who do you guys like the best for a host on BR? I vote Sean! I find him so entertaining! But Melissa is so motivating with her strength. And Lisa for her legs and abs.
I'm more into working strength than HIIT, so Melissa's longer and harder workouts are more my style, even though I find Lisa's body more motivating. But when it comes to watching the workouts or listening to them, Sean it is hands down. He cracks me up. I like his light hearted nature. He clearly doesn't take himself or the workouts very seriously. I like his attitude.
Now I know I pick on Lisa a lot, but mostly it is because she does one thing and says another. However, she seems perfectly nice enough to me. A little misguided perhaps, but nice nonetheless.
Does anyone else but me find the beach workouts a little annoying? The sand everywhere - just thinking about it drives me nuts. I freaking LOVE the beach, but it seems such a distraction to me for filming the workouts.
And what happened to their slogan - Get Fit as F*ck? I have not seen it advertised as much. Perhaps too many people didn't like it. I know I do not. BR is pretty good at listening to what their viewers want and don't want.

I feel like Zuzka is not as good at that. She does a little bit more of her own thing. People have asked her time and time again to ship internationally and to allow downloads and she has NOT. I really wish she would!

Zuzka has her latest arm balance challenge out - flying pigeon. Another arm balance that I love. I did post on her FB page with a pic of me in an arm balance. :)

Zuzka mentioned to practice these for at least 10 minutes a day. So she is ADDING time to her short workouts in a sneaky way. And she has admitted to practicing pull ups here and there throughout the day on her home pull up bar. I know she is practicing handstands too. She also walks her dogs and rides her bike often during the week. Sounds like a lot of exercise to me! Which is NOT a bad thing.
I like how BR offers to do their workouts more times to get in a longer workout. Zuzka swears by her short workouts. I do know that A LOT of folks add onto Zuzka;s routines because they feel they are too short. Some people do their own thing, or some people just do more rounds. I see lots of comments on her FB page regarding that. Again, not a bad thing.

I've been researching a bit on cellulite. I would actually really like my own body if I could get rid of it. It's a demon for me! I know that even female body builders have it. SUCKS.
There is a woman I follow on FB who admits that in order to have NO cellulite she has to be at 12% bodyfat. If she is 18% bodyfat she gets cellulite on her legs AND arms. Wow. I can't imagine how much work it takes to stay at 12% BF. On the same token, I follow another woman on FB who has a six pack at 20% BF, but has cellulite on the back of her legs no matter what - even when she diets down for fitness shows. Seems so unfair! You can read more about this on http://www.idealbodiesonline.com/
Sue Heintze runs this web-site and she sells programs on how to get rid of cellulite. I'm tempted myself!

Do many of you use supplements? I'm not a big believer in them. I supplement with protein shakes if necessary - and I use a Raw Vegan one (http://www.gardenoflife.com/Products-for-Life/Foundational-Nutrition/RAW-Protein.aspx). I've yet to find a Whey Protein one that I really like.
The only other one I use is Juice Plus.
It is over 20 fruits, veggies and berries put into capsules or chewies. It is REAL food, so unlike other vitamins your body absorbs 100% of the nutrients rather than peeing them out!
Juice Plus is ingenious. They take vine ripened fruits and veggies (meaning they are NOT picked prior to being fully ripened so they have WAY more anti-oxidants in them), dehydrate them, grind em all up and put them into capsules (or chewies). Want an easier way to get more fruits and veggies into your diet? This IS IT.
This not about weight loss, it is about HEALTH. I love this stuff. Everyone I know needs more fruits and veggies in their diets. This stuff improves all aspects of health - from getting enough nutrients, to skin and hair health, oral health, quality of sleep, and more. And the best part, since I take it, my kiddos get it FREE. My kids are a pain in the arse to get to eat fruits and especially veggies. This helps to put my mind at ease.


If anyone needs more info, feel free to ask!


1 comment:

  1. I was doing Sean's workout today and I think I like him the most --- he seems a little more even-keeled for me, personality-wise, and he kinda just does the routines. All the hosts seem very personable to me but if I were to meet one of them on the street, I think I'd be less intimidated by him, if that makes sense, heh. I like them all, though; as far as workout style, they bring their own flavor to the table and I think they're all a good fit for the website.

    I hope to get good at arm balances some day! Tomorrow and Saturday are active rest days for me so perhaps I'll put in some practice towards them.

    Thank you for posting about supplements; I've been doing some research re: protein and others and hit a wall, urgh. Great timing, Gina! :)

    ReplyDelete