Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Zuzka workouts out with Lorna Jane, hangs out with Nikki, and bodyrock's bootcamp challenge is less than a week away

Did you guys check out Zuzka's free workout with Lorna Jane?
http://www.zuzkalight.com/workouts/workout-with-lorna-jane/

I actually really love the Lorna Jane pants Zuzka is wearing, but they would look ridiculous on me. I have super long legs, and any capris that hit at the knee are just unflattering on pencil legs. But they look great on her muscular legs.

There was also a post on Zuzka's FB page that she went to Nikki's pool party. Nikki was one of the contestants in her 30 day challenge. This makes me wonder - were they friends before? Or just become good friends? I thought the contestants were chosen for a reason other than being her friend? I know 2 of the other contestants were also best friends - not to say they weren't chosen appropriately, but not as random as I would have thought. And most of the contestants were around Zuzka's age. Hmmm.......makes me wonder.

Bodyrock has their 21 day bootcamp challenge starting next Monday. How many of you are doing it?
Anyone else other than me getting sick of the naked butt photos they keep posting over and over again on their FB page? Naked butts with thigh gap. A bit much in my opinion. I find that BR talks out of both sides of their mouths. They talk about thigh gap not being attainable for most, that most fitness pics are photoshopped making us feel bad about ourselves, that most women inluding celebs have cellulite, etc, but then they post all the pics that portray what they are against? Huh? It is confusing to me sometimes. I guess the naked butt photos must be driving traffic?
Is this pic below really necessary? I see the comments that a lot of folks don't like it whereas other defend it saying that is what BR has always been about, so go elsewhere if you don't like it. I kind of agree with the latter, but they having blog entries against it, so that's where it gets weird - IMHO.


BR has a workout to go with this pic. And even if you do get this butt from their workout, please wear different shorts! :) http://www.dailyhiit.com/hiit-blog/hiit-workout/full-body-workout/4-moves-sexy-body/

3 comments:

  1. It's weird, I'm not a prude by any means, but I'm not a total fan of the photos. Not only are they too much (they're so in your face that they don't give you the chance to want more, as it were) but they [to me] clash with the before and after type photos that Bodyrockers post. I mean, the goal is to be able and strong and sexy, yes, but the sexy part is kind of a welcome side effect. I dunno. They also post photos like "sexy isn't a size, it's a state of mind" -- but when they post photos of size zero girls with implants, it kinda blows all of that out of the water. It's very contradictory but it gets traffic and I guess that's what they want first and foremost.

    In short, photos like these are more suited to their #fitsexfacts and not so much their workouts. But that's just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I agree completely !

      Delete
    2. Also, a followup - I did do the workout that the photo came with this morning, lol and it was actually really good. I added high knees in between each exercise and did it 2x through at 50/10. I also did one round of Day 2 of the Day Total Body Makeover on thedailyhiit. Apparently dive bombers are something I need to work on!

      I really want to reap the physical benefits from these workouts and am working on my diet a lot, limiting the indulgences, however small, to once or twice a week, and upping the water intake. Part of me has to accept that I may never look like the girls in the photos, but I can look my best. I just don't want to be on a diet forever.

      I was supposed to take "after" photos from the 30 day challenge but I've decided that I'll wait until after the 21 day challenge, heh.

      Delete