Wednesday, March 5, 2014

ZGYM Fitness 30 Day Program Results and What's to Come

So Zuzka finally posted all the results from her 30 day challenge. What did you all think? I thought that each of the ladies looked better afterwards and that they all worked hard for the 30 days.
Though this video seems a day late and a dollar short. I would be kinda pissed if I took part in this challenge and would want to know - where's the glory in all of this? March 5th when it ended Jan 31.
The video seemed a bit like an infomercial too. LOL.

Zuzka did a post of what is to come from her:

1)Shoot an easy bodyweight workout for Kristina Cechova who's in a hospital right now. Hopefully that will cheer her up. 

2) I am going to shoot a diet video - a brand new change I am making around my diet and why. 

3) I want to shoot a video for my new 30 day challenge for a sexier butt that I am planning to start soon. 

1 - She has the bw video posted on her FB page already. I hope her friend Kristina feels better!

2 - OK, this drives me nuts about Zuzana. She has been doing this since her bodyrock days. She always has some new diet thing. No sugar, then no alcohol, then cheat days and what she eats on cheat days, then no more cheat days, then fruit only for breakfast, she was a vegetarian for a while, then added meat back in, then added in juice fasting days, a special supplement with protein in the mornings, etc, etc, etc. It always changes. I don't like the inconsistency here.
As diet is probably most people's weakness I wish she would provide better and more consistent insight.
The one thing I am trying to do with my own diet these days is worry less about what I am eating when, but just eat real food - no processed food. I want to do that for 30 days, and then challenge myself with something else. I'm a BIG eater so having to cook, plan and prepare healthy foods all the time is a pain in the arse. I like convenient foods, but I do not like what it does to my body. So I've got my own 30 day challenge going on. :)

3 - Another 30 day challenge by Zuzana? And bodyrock has theirs coming up too. I wonder if Zuzana is doing this just to piss off Freddy. I know bodyrock did a 30 day squat challenge and Lisa said she was doing it to change her butt. However, though squats are a superior exercise overall, they are not a superior exercise for the glutes! Bridging and hip thrusting are far better at developing your glutes.
I think I would just like a cardio workout of the week, a strength one, a yoga workout of the week, and a  recipe of the week. Hmmmm..... maybe I'm on to something here. :)

11 comments:

  1. I kind of like that Zuzana is doing 30 day challenges, too. I did Bodyrock's Catching Fire challenge, and will finish the Real Time challenge in about a week, and honestly the Real Time challenge is soooo so much better than the Catching Fire challenge. The 12 minute workouts were good, but there was so much supplemental stuff that I had to do to feel like I got a full workout in.

    It sounds like the 21 day challenge will be more like the prior prior 30 day challenge, so I'm really looking forward to it. The RTC as they call it is something I could do over and over again and not get tired of, and I actually feel results (before and after photos are coming until it's over, though! :)).

    What do you think of Zuzka's ZGym? Would you say it's worth the membership? I'm interested in giving her challenge a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to your before and afters! ;)
      I think for $10 a month, Zuzka's Zgym is worth it. If you don't like it, there is no problem cancelling. She has so many for free you can start from #1 and go all the way to #70 and add in any of the other free ones she has made, so you don't HAVE to get the ZGym. When you cancel however, you no longer have access to the workouts you have already seen - not just the most recent ones. You have to be a member to see the workouts from #71 on period. I think Zuzka's shorter workouts need to be supplemented - or just add one more rounds. She NEVER does pulling exercises so I typically add those in. Her longer workouts are terrific!

      Delete
  2. The challenge went from Jan 13th-Feb 11th but yeah...the whole thing was weird. Honestly, when she left BR I thought wow BR is doomed without her! But, they have proven to be quite the opposite, in fact I think they are even more progressive and profitable now. I'm very much disappointed in the direction this challenge went. On our last day they hired someone to come in and do our hair and makeup, we all looked awful in my opinion . C and I both left there , looked at each other and said ok what corner are we working? Whoever they hired to do it, needs to be fired. Honestly I'm not sure that the workouts are overall very effective doing them at home, but having 7 other girls in a setting of being competitive and having z and two producers yelling at us to beat her time that she got in her own workout in Zgym...it was hard to not get results. I mean it was like having 3 trainers watching over you,lol. The experience was odd to say the least. I really feel she needs to go in a new direction if she's going to make something for herself. Freddy, Sean and Lisa are in LA working...I wonder what they are up to in LA? ? I occasionally chat with Sean IM and just mentioned he'd like to see more of LA but he can't because he's working...This video is just so stupid and it is infomercial like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa- I never thought that your make up or hair looked bad at all :) I think that in real life, make up is put on much heavier but in photos, it doesn't look like it at all. I have seen this lots with brides (heavy in real life, but looks perfect in photos).
      I am curious about Gina's questions re: Zuzana's exercise regime...and also what her diet is like.
      Are you able to share anything?

      Delete
    2. Hi Melissa -- it looks like Freddy, Sean and Lisa are filming the new 21 day challenge in LA. They shipped all their equipment and Lisa was on Instagram posting photos of her workout outfit (http://instagram.com/p/lN2_6sQF8W/). And it does in fact look like she got implants again; whatever she's done, implants or not, they look fuller but not out of the the realm of her frame. I guess we'll find out on the 24th! (Not that that's all I'm looking forward to but still. Related: if she did get implants and they're doing the challenge, then I guess she's not adhering to the 6-week rest period. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong.)

      Cheers, tgif, guys :)

      Delete
    3. I wonder if that is why Lisa didn't host the last challenge - she was resting from bread augmentation surgery. FOR the 4th time!!! Since she has also had a nose job she has had elective surgery 5x. That's nuts. Her image of herself is clearly not healthy and her strive for physical perfection seems mentally unhealthy as well.

      Delete
  3. PS sorry my thoughts are all over the place, I have a bouncy baby. Its amazing if I can get one cohesive thought across. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the interesting feedback Melissa! And no - your thoughts do not seem all over the place. I have 2 kids, and my youngest who is 3 STILL does not sleep thru the night. I totally get it! :)
      Your thoughts above are confirming to me that Zuzana is quite money hungry. The 30 day challenge is a copy of BR and since she is still 49% owner, she probably knows how much money it made them. The fact that she only offers DVDs and not downloads is another indicator of being money hungry (to me). Zuzana is the most watched youtube fitness personality of all time, so I think she'll do just fine. BR is more aggressive than ever, and I know a lot of people do not like the direction they aregoing in, but then again a lot of people like it. From what I can tell most people have a problem with Freddy - so he is smart staying in the background. But it is his marketing genius and 'gift' of photography and videography that got BR where it is today. I think he over exploits women. But he and all of his hosts are laughing all the way to the bank. I think that Zuzana is too! She's no shrinking flower. She has gotten thousands of people to pay for her workouts which one - used to be free, and two - are still free on BR.
      I think that both sites workouts are not as effective for seasoned fitness folks unless the workouts are longer than 12 min.
      I'm curious Melissa - do you think that Zuzana only does the ZGym workouts herself and nothing else?

      Delete
  4. Zuzka's new diet thing is being vegetarian for at least a month. She was talking about it making your body look better and a gain in energy. I recall her doing this same thing several years ago and she decided to continue because she said she had muscle loss and I believe she also said lack of energy. Don't get me wrong- nothing wrong trying it again. But hopefully she is thinking about what to do different this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SORRY- that should say decided NOT to continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious as to what supplements she'll include -- I know there's a lot of protein to be derived from plant-based foods, but it will definitely be interesting. I realized in my diet that I don't eat that much from animal-based products so going vegetarian isn't in the cards right now. I wouldn't mind making a temporary switch but it's a lot of commitment. I applaud all those who do, though! I find that I eat more vegetables and fruits as an omnivore than I did as a vegetarian for four years so --- maybe that's just me :)

      Delete