Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Fit as F*ck and Fit Chick Facts

So bodyrock.tv is promoting their new challenge called 'Fit as F*ck. ' Is it just me or does that sound just plain dumb? Sounds - I don't know - immature or like a high school kid came up with the name for the challenge.
It starts this month on the 24th with Lisa. I also know that Sean will be back and will lead some of the workouts as well.
It is a 21 day challenge boot camp. Seems interesting enough and I'm sure the workouts will be tough regardless of the name.
The dailyhiit.com posts fit chick facts on their FB page all the time - and I like them. They are interesting and motivating.
What I don't like about them is that each woman pictured so far has clearly had plastic surgery. Now I am not totally against plastic surgery - I know I sound like it, but I'm not. If it wasn't for the cost and the down time, I'd probably get implants myself (ummm, but much more subtle ones). What I am against is promoting images and portraying bodies with informative messages and implying we can be like that too. I want a natural woman portraying that. A woman that makes me feel like I can get that body too by working for it, not from buying it.

Lisa has had a ton of surgery. Melissa has had at least implants. Zuzka has implants (and more work done than that  - implied by Freddy). It's not really the best message now is it?
Don't get me wrong - all these ladies work damn hard for their bodies. But it also screams to me that all their hard work wasn't enough, they still weren't happy, so they went under the knife.
After breast feeding 2 children for a year - I get it. But what about Lisa and Zuzka? They've never been pregnant. Melissa has, but her breast implants are some of the worst I've ever seen. But she does speak more to me than the other ladies because she's gotten her body back after giving birth.

6 comments:

  1. I agree with the images -- I really like the facts and the tips, but the bodies (while they are real and perhaps attainable for some) are probably not what all Bodyrockers look like or will look like. Although I understand being edgy, saucy and cheeky, I think they forget their audience sometimes. Do I look better than I did before taking on HIIT workouts? Absolutely. But do I look like that or do I anticipate ever looking like that? Not unless I want to make it a full-time job alternating juice fasts and visits to the sauna to wring out extra water retention (or something similarly strict and not practical for my lifestyle). These are fitness models, I get it, but it's not necessarily the audience and I think that's important to remember when looking at these messages.

    That said, I do plan on getting implants either later this year or early next year -- I am interested in how my body will react and what I'll have to do in preparation/recovery. A friend told me that if I want them under the muscle (I do) I'll have to stop doing exercises that target the chest/pectorals. There's a lot of research to do prior to my consultation but let's just say I want to do it right the first time and keep them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tx for your input! I would love for you to share what research you find out. I didn't know you had to stop doing chest exercises. Even push ups? It's the 6 week down time that turns me off. And my kids are 6 and 3. Still small enough that I pick them up all the time.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, the six weeks is going to be interesting -- I'm so used to being ridiculously active that to figure something else less 'taxing' is going to be a bit of a challenge. I love that feeling so much! Maybe if I wait until the colder months, the time will go by a little more quickly ;)

      Delete
  2. I researched this when I got my implants. I concluded that it's debatable...some say to stop, some say it's just fine, some say it's fine so long as you are not lifting super heavy (like female bodybuilders, not figure type of workouts). However......most female bodybuilders have implants. Perhaps they have a higher rate of needing replacements though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make a good point. I still need to do more research, but my friend who gave me the tip honestly doesn't work out at all. (And she admits it; I'm not putting her down, heh.) I do chest presses, flys, pushups, and other arm exercises that may directly or indirectly target the pectorals, but I don't lift super heavy, to be honest. Just enough to build some muscle and overall strength, of course. Thank you for bringing up what you found out in your research; anything and everything helps!

      Delete
    2. I am a research addict :P I read so much about this and concluded that I will not worry about it unless I try to lift crazy heavy like a female bodybuilder. I wouldn't hesitate to lift heavy like I use to lift either (more like a figure competitor type of workout weight wise.....if that makes sense). And I don't worry at all with zwows. Hope that helps :)

      Delete