Saturday, February 1, 2014

5 minute competition workout, Beach workout for a tight body, Day 18 and my own workout!

Zuzka has a couple of short workouts posted on her site - the 5 minute competition workout on a beach body workout.
Putting the 2 of those together would be an even better workout. STILL missing a pulling exercise. Neither site incorporates these enough and I know I've said it a hundred times!
The 5 min workout consists of sit ups and pistol squats into jump squats. Those damn pistols are so hard and Zuzka makes them look so easy. Which I have to say, I think they were an easier exercise for her to learn. They just are for some people - anatomy has much to do with it.
I practice pull ups - and it was hard for me to learn, but not as hard as pistols, or even weighted 2 legged squats for that matter. Pull ups work for my body type. squats - not so much. But I keep working at it!

The Beach workout has low jacks, bird dog, 1 legged squats and burpees. It is weird to see Zuzka working out on the beach. I live in New England and it has been below 20 degrees for days and days and days. Today was a whopping 45 and we all got outside! LOL. I would put these 2 workouts together adding in some rows or pull ups, and end with a yoga cool down - about 45 min total would be perfect. (for me).

Day 18 for bodyrock.tv looked more strength based to me and less HIIT. No jumping around. Definitely a little different for them. They showed a picture of Sean too - but he wasn't in the workout. He has not been around much. I wonder if he'll make a showing at some point during this 30 day challenge.

Both Zuzka and bodyrock overdo the push exercises - tons and tons of  variations of planks, burpees, push ups and the like. I'm surprised Zuzka has not used an equalizer or dip station or even made her own at this point in order to be to incorporate so many more exercises.

OK, so here is one of my own workouts. It is 45 minutes long and it is a mix of Kettlebell's and yoga - my 2 favorites. :)

Kettlebell workout and Yoga Workout

I love mixing the two of these together.

Start with an 8 min yoga warm up - a couple of Sun A's, a crescent lunge twist, a side plank, rag doll and child's pose.

The next 8 min perform a KB clean and push press ladder 1, 2, 3 , 2 , 1 on the right, then the left. Repeat until the 8 min are up. Even off your sides.

Do some more yoga for the next 8 min - can make it high intensity - I like doing 20 mountain climbers in between Sun B's including Warrior 1 and Warrior 2.

The next 8 min do a KB clean into a front squat ladder - same repetitions as the previous.

The last 13 min do some hip and hamstring stretches - standing split, 1/2 pigeon, partial splits, either 2 bridges or 1 bridge and 1 wheel, spinal twist. End in savasana.

Done in 45 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment