Thursday, June 12, 2014

What Zuzka eats vs. what Lisa eats and the laws of training

Zuzka did a post on a recipe for low carb ice cream and stated that she eats low carb. Low carb can mean a lot of different things to many different people, and a lot of people don't believe in it, especially if you work out super hard.
I replied to her post asking her to share with her viewers the amount of grams of protein/fat/carbs she eats on a daily basis. I don't expect a response. She seems to be a little secretive when it comes to her macros or the amount of calories she eats.
Zuzka has been asked a million times how many calories she eats in a day, and I do not think I have seen her respond once. Hmmmm...... why not?

Lisa on the other hand is very forth coming on what she eats. When BR released their first nutrition guide it gave an example of what Lisa eats each day, and she states that she eats 1500 calories a day. It also gave an example of what Sean eats and that he eats 1800 calories a day or more.

I find it hard to believe that Sean eats only 300 calories more a day than Lisa. I think he eats more than that. I do believe that Lisa eats only 1500 calories. I find it hard to be that low myself, and usually around 1900 calories a day. So if I eat 400 calories less a day, I'll look like Lisa? LOL.

I found an AWESOME article about training:
http://breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/the-7-laws-of-training-according-to-dr-fred-hatfield

Let me know what you think. I don't think that BR or Zuzka do enough of training people. They do a lot of working out people. And lots of people see results. But these results will plateau (and this is gone over in the article above). Even Cross Fitters plateau. The Cross Fitters that make it to the Games each year TRAIN specific Olympic Lifts, gymnastics movements, etc, to get better. They do a lot more than the random WOD's. Both BR and Zuzka are too random. You need to repeat specific lifts or movements and track them to get better.
It gets harder and harder the better shape you are in.
This is why we see so many people with such great *initial* results. People who are not in shape or in average shape get results, and some pretty damn good ones. If you've reached a plateau and are happy with your body then there is no reason to keep changing. But for many of us, this is why we use BR and Zuzka's workouts as additional workouts and not the only ones.
I want more muscle on my body and I am not as lucky as Zuzka to be an mesomorph, so I gotta keep training.
I track my workouts and see if I can lift more weights, or do more reps. I have the same workouts each week for a month before changing up my routine. Even when I change my routine, I still work on several of the basics: push ups, pull ups, deadlifts, squats, lunges, hip thrusters, but different variations, reps, sets, and weights. I go for another month, and then change it again. I add in some supplemental exercises as well, and change those up.
I love the short intense workouts, so many times this is what I do for the last 10 minutes of my workout. Or tomorrow for instance where I am going to be super busy and very short on time, I'll do a quickie. :)
It's also hard to do fast intense workouts when you are lifting heavy weight. You need more rest in order to continue. It's the nature of the beast. Again that's why I often like to add in the intensity at the end of my workouts.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that I love your blog, and i look forward to every new article you write. I also lift very heavy while incorporating some of the fun moves that I learn from both Zuzana and Lisa- M.
    Keep writing, I'm always reading:)
    -Shay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shay! I love blogging so glad you are enjoying the posts! :)

    ReplyDelete