Friday, January 17, 2014

The 30 day challenges and a tasty recipe

Which one are you guys doing? I'm curious to see the changes in the ladies bodies who are getting trained by Zuzka. I just hope they are all honest about what they actually eat.
I wonder what Zuzka is doing for her own workout this month. She is not making any new workouts (kind of a bummer) and I am assuming that she is training these women - not working out with them? They if you watch a clip of it, she is doing some of the exercises too. Sneaking in some extra workout time Zuzana? Like I've said before, I think she does that more than she is willing to admit.
Do you think when she films a ZWOW or a ZShred, it is always done on the first take? It is in real time, so perhaps so. I just wonder how much editing is done on the timing if any.

Day 3 of the bodyrock's or dailyhiit's challenge and it was Melissa doing the workout. Looked pretty tough. There are a lot of high knees which is one of my least favorite exercises - I'd rather do burpees, jump rope, tuck jumps, anything but high knees! OK, off topic, but Melissa's huge plastic boobs did not move an inch when she was bouncing all over the place. I would ask my plastic surgeon for my money back. What a botch job. I wonder why Zuzana's look so much better than most?

Is Lisa-Marie going to be leading any of the exercise challenges? These also seem shorter that the first challenge. I read on her Facebook page that some folks are not finding these workouts as tough so far and they are really missing Lisa. I guess people find her super motivating. I find her annoying - the push, smash it, lets go over and over again doesn't work for me. I just turn off the sound. LOL. She doesn't seem annoying to me as a person - but just these tactics she uses grates on my nerves. Her abs are motivating enough!

Freddy did a post on Lisa's FB page too which was interesting. He has been a bit MIA. He was wearing shades and someone asked if he ever takes them off, with which Lisa replied - not often. Hmph....

Here is a clip of everything that bodyrock.tv is trying to sell. I couldn't even get a pic of all of it - it took up too much room! The list was too long. 14 items for sale including the gym boss timer. Go figure. So much for free workouts.


I feel like people are getting a little jipped this month too with Zuzka. People expect new weekly workouts with her and these are all repeats. That is ok - neither site does enough of repeating workouts to make progress. Most of it is just random. So if you kept track of your workouts the first time around then perhaps this is perfect for you.

RECIPE:

Yummy Zucchini Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

Delicious and healthy!!!!

  • ½ cup coconut flour
  • ¼ cup oat flour (I used regular oatmeal and put it in blender first to make it smooth)
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon nutmeg 
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup stevia
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil
  • ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1 large over ripe banana, mashed
  • 1/2 cup unpeeled, finely shredded zucchini (I peeled mine and boiled it to make it soft. This way I can hide it in the muffins so the kids don't know) :) 
  • 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of raisins - both optional
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
  2. Spray an 8x8 pan with non-stick spray.
  3. Combine the coconut flour, oat flour, cinnamon, (nutmeg), baking soda, and salt in a bowl. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the eggs, honey, vanilla, and coconut oil until well combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and pulse to combine.
  4. Allow the mixture to sit for 3-5 minutes for the coconut flour to absorb the liquids. Add the apple cider vinegar, banana, and zucchini and pulse to combine.
  5. Scoop the batter into the lsprayed pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of each muffin comes out clean. Cool and enjoy!
Lastly - anyone else having trouble with thedailyhiit.com site and links off of FB? I see some other complaints too, but I can't get to a lot of them. Some technical glitch. It's been going on for days, so not sure what is going on there.
And where's Sean these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment